Last Friday the internet in my flat decided to suddenly cease working. No one has any idea why, including the internet company, and no one seems to be able to fix it. So next Wednesday someone is coming out to look at it.
In the meantime, I have: turned 22, graduated from University(!), packed my entire room into 4 suitcases, traveled for about 20 hours, and moved back to the States (for good), and home for the summer.
Needless to say I’m a bit tired, but back online.
Off to Italy! Back in a Week!
Just booked flights to Verona in June!
I’ve got a month to kill between my last exam and graduation. Of course I’m going to go travel a bit!
Schedule for the Day
Wake Up Begin freak out Shower
Dress Dry Hair Straighten Hair Continue freak out
Breakfast Check Tumblr Obsessively check airline website to make sure seat hasn’t changed/still checked in Continue to freak out
Weigh Suitcases Freak out and cry while redistributing stuff in the cases
- Mom gets home from work
- Freak out while Mom tries to calm me down/repack my suitcases
- Finish packing carry-on (including turning off laptop and packing it)
- Continue Freakout
- Leave for lunch/begin trip to airport
- Freak out
- Flight check in/Bag drop
- Freak out
- Airline security
- Less freaking out, but still all splotchy from crying
- Flight leaves for London
- Freaking out considerably less, because now I’m in the air and there’s nothing I can do about it.
You would think that after 4 years of flying to school twice a year (not to mention home twice a year…) I would freak out less, but apparently not. Oh well, back to Scotland for my final semester of University. See you in July, Maryland!
Blah! I hate packing!
In my ranking of things I hate I think it goes:
1. Traveling (not the seeing new places, the getting to the new places)
2. Talking to people I don’t know on the phone
The next couple of days are pretty much my idea of hell. Hopefully going home goes easier this year than it did last!